Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oh-so distracted...


I`m annoyed. I`ve been trying to be creative in more ways than one and not succeeding in any of them!
We`re having guests this weekend and I`ve been cooking an assortment of things while also trying to focus on some painting. Annoyingly, my Bundt cake flopped. (And I especially bought the pan and followed the recipe to the T!) I seemingly cannot seem to succeed in anything creative both in and out of the kitchen lately! Oy...
I have been reading a few very uplifting blogs lately which have inspired me to go back to the drawing board and create a few new portfolio pieces targeting the children`s market. One is by illustrator Stephanie Ruble. There`s also a forum I found helpful. Anyway, all these things have inspired me to do more sketching to help me get over this "illustrator`s block" (or "boulder", more like.) So here is a cartoon of me feeling frustrated because I have so much time to do whatever it is I need to do, and I still can`t focus on any one thing at a time, so I`m constantly thinking of other things I need to do while doing the things I need to do! (Now I`m cross-eyed...) One of the suggestions in the above-mentioned blog is to illustrate a fairy tale if you`re out of ideas, so here is my princess, all pregnant like me, illustrating, at the very least, that I really can`t put some things out of my mind...

1 comment:

sruble said...

I like your drawings, especially the pregnant princess. She looks so serene. I hope your illustrator's block is over and you're making art again!

BTW, Thanks for mentioning my blog. I'm glad you found it helpful.

Stephanie