Monday, July 6, 2009

IF - Shaky



Somewhat appropriate that this week`s topic for Illustration Friday is "Shaky". That`s how I`m feeling today - whatever achievements I`ve made in my artistic career, it still seems that all the effort has amounted to little, and that I`m perched shakily on a tiny foundation, and growing heavier with my dreams, ambitions and potential. I`m sure that everyone goes through this, and luckily I have my loved ones to fall back on for support if I should fall, but it can still be disheartening.

4 comments:

Indigene said...

Hey, I'm right there with you! I truly understand. Artists go through it all the time and it does help to have support, but it doesn't mean you don't go through it. It's a part of the process of being an artist. Very symbolic and surreal style, keep creating...that's what counts!

Ren said...

Every artist I know, or who I share space with in my art studio building goes through this. Often monthly. Sometimes weekly. At least yearly. The days you want to rip everything you've done to pieces. That nothing is saying quite what you want., the way you want, or that you're taking more steps backward than forward.

As Lao Tzu said, true progress seems like a lack of progress.

zainah said...

Couldn't agree more...it's tough to be creative at shaky times. At least you're still getting your art out there :)

mercedes de la jara said...

I love this !!